DISCLAIMER: This web site is not an affiliate, intermediary or representative of the Government of Canada. We do not sell/charge or provide any immigration or government forms which are available free on IRCC website. We are paid legal representatives for all immigration matters. The legal advice (depends upon case by case), which we provide, is not available by IRCC office or its website. Our Legal advice can make your immigration case stronger with our experience and knowledge in IRPA and IRPR Regulations.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

If you are from one of the countries which do not require a TRV to visit Canada, then you might have to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You must check if you need an eTA before arriving to Canada and apply for one.

According to the new entry requirements, visa-exempt foreign nationals from following countries who come to Canada or transit through a Canadian airport, need an eTA.

The following travellers need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to board their flight to Canada. However, these travellers do not need an eTA if entering by land or sea – for instance driving from the U.S. or coming by bus, train, or boat, including cruise ship.

  • Andorra, Australia, Austria, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina.
  • Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, British citizen, British National (Overseas), British overseas citizens.
  • Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria.
  • Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Costa Rica.
  • Denmark.
  • Estonia.
  • Finland, France.
  • Germany, Greece.
  • Hong Kong, Hungary.
  • Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy.
  • Japan.
  • Korea (Republic of Korea).
  • Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg.
  • Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco.
  • Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway.
  • Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Panama, Philippines.
  • Romania.
  • Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Seychelles.
  • Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago and Thailand.
  • United Arab Emirates and Uruguay.
  • Vatican City State.

U.S. citizens and people with a valid Canadian visa, Canadian citizens or permanent residents do not require an eTA.

An eTA can be valid for about five years or earlier if your passport expires. With a valid eTA you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays which is normally six months at a stretch.

For any kind of help related to eTA, you can contact Service Links Canada office. we offer all types of Immigration Services.