DISCLAIMER: This web site is not an affiliate, intermediary or representative of the Government of Canada. We do not sell/charge or provide any immigration or government forms which are available free on IRCC website. We are paid legal representatives for all immigration matters. The legal advice (depends upon case by case), which we provide, is not available by IRCC office or its website. Our Legal advice can make your immigration case stronger with our experience and knowledge in IRPA and IRPR Regulations.

Temporary Resident Permits (TRP)

If you have a criminal record or medical inadmissibility or misrepresentation and want to enter Canada within a short period of time, and on a temporary basis, then Service Links Canada Offices can seek a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) for you to overcome your inadmissibility and seek entry into Canada on a temporary basis.

A TRP will stipulate the time-period for which it is valid, and any other conditions, such as whether the person can enter Canada only once or multiple times. A TRP can be granted to a visitor or to someone who wishes to work or study in Canada.

The TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) will normally be issued for the duration of your intended visit up to three years. The IRCC officer reviewing the application can only decide how long the TRP (Temporary Resident Permit) will be valid.

TRP application processing can take several months to be processed – depending on the consulate where we submit your application – Our office can make submissions to expedite the TRP process if you are in appropriate circumstances requiring urgency.

TRP applications are complex. For advice and consultation or If you would like more information about applying for a Temporary Resident Permit, Contact Service Links Canada Offices in Bangkok, Thailand (+66 2 003 1450) or Vancouver, Canada (+1 604.944.7912) or check your eligibility online today. We can advise you on the best application for your situation and help you get started.


Send email to immigration@servicelinks.ca with copies of your criminal record or medical inadmissibility documents.