DISCLAIMER: This web site is not an affiliate, intermediary or representative of the Government of Canada. We do not sell/charge or provide any immigration or government forms which are available free on IRCC website. We are paid legal representatives for all immigration matters. The legal advice (depends upon case by case), which we provide, is not available by IRCC office or its website. Our Legal advice can make your immigration case stronger with our experience and knowledge in IRPA and IRPR Regulations.

B1 Business Visa & B2 Tourist Visas for the USA

In order to be considered eligible as a permitted business visitor (B-1), your activities may include: consulting with business associates; participating in short trainings; business conventions; meetings; and conferences. To be able to enter the US as a permitted visitor (B-2), the purpose of your travel to the US may include tourism, or visiting friends and relatives. Visitors in the US on either a B-1 or B-2 visa cannot engage in any form of work in the US or enter the US labour market in any way.

In order to qualify for this type of visa, your application must demonstrate that you have funds to cover the expenses of the trip, and that you have a permanent residence outside of the US to which you plan to return. You must satisfy a visa officer that you have temporary intent and that your proposed stay in the US is for a specific, short duration.

There are two main types of U.S. visitor visas:

  1. B-1 visa (for business)

    A B-1 business visa permits you to take part in the following activities:

    • Consult with business associates
    • Negotiate a contract
    • Settle an estate
    • Attend a convention or conference
  2. B-2 visa (for tourism)

    A B-2 tourist visa permits you to take part in the following activities:

    • Tour the U.S.
    • Vacation or holiday
    • Visit friends or family
    • Participate in social events, musical events, sporting events, or contests (must be amateur level and you must not get paid for participating)
    • Take a short recreational course that does not count for credit toward a degree
    • Seek medical treatment

Note: You may also enter the United States for a combination of business and tourism on a B-1/B-2 visa.

How to initiate the process to get a visitor visa for USA ?

We at Service Links Canada and Thailand office provide you invaluable advice and service on all your USA visa needs and difficulties to make the migration journey pleasurable.

For USA visas, our immigration specialists not only guide you for the document preparation giving weightage to every minute details related to your case before online submission but also prepare you for the visa interview process to achieve the successful outcome.

You can apply online to check your assessment for eligibility of your USA B1/B2 Visa.
Please apply online USA Visa Assessment Form


Download the PDF form – USA Assessment form.
- Please fill it up and send back by scan email attention to: Immigration at info@servicelinks.ca


Fax: +1 604 229 2951 (Thailand Office) OR Fax +1 604-944-7913 (Canada Office)