DISCLAIMER: This web site is not an affiliate, intermediary or representative of the Government of Canada. We do not sell/charge or provide any immigration or government forms which are available free on IRCC website. We are paid legal representatives for all immigration matters. The legal advice (depends upon case by case), which we provide, is not available by IRCC office or its website. Our Legal advice can make your immigration case stronger with our experience and knowledge in IRPA and IRPR Regulations.

Canada Immigration launches 2 new pilot projects for caregivers

Jul 10, 2019, 11:20:30 PM

July 11th, 2019,  Canada Immigration has launched 2 new pilot projects that will help caregivers who are coming to Canada make this country their permanent home.



The Home Child-Care Provider Pilot (HCCPP) and Home Support Worker Pilot (HSWP) opened for applications on June 18, 2019, replacing the expiring Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pilots.

Under the new pilots, caregivers who are not yet in Canada get a work permit if they have a job offer in Canada and meet the standard criteria for Canada’s other economic immigration programs. Once they are working in Canada, caregivers can gain the required 2 years of Canadian work experience and qualify for permanent residence.

These pilots also include occupation-specific, rather than employer-specific, work permits. These permits allows caregivers to change employers quickly when necessary. Open work and study permits are also available for the caregivers’ immediate family, which helps families come to Canada together. Employers hiring a caregiver through the new pilots are using a new job offer template to do so instead of the Labour Market Impact Assessment process.

Most importantly, these pilots provide a clear, direct transition from temporary to permanent resident status, ensuring that caregivers are able to become permanent residents quickly, after they have met the work experience requirement. Please contact Service Links Canada Bangkok or Vancouver office for more information on caregivers LMIA and work permits.