DISCLAIMER: This web site is not an affiliate, intermediary or representative of the Government of Canada. We do not sell/charge or provide any immigration or government forms which are available free on IRCC website. We are paid legal representatives for all immigration matters. The legal advice (depends upon case by case), which we provide, is not available by IRCC office or its website. Our Legal advice can make your immigration case stronger with our experience and knowledge in IRPA and IRPR Regulations.

Temporary Resident Out of status

As per IRCC, having valid status means that a person is legally allowed to enter and stay in Canada. If you are the person, who is not a permanent resident of Canada, then you have temporary resident status, and it can be a visitor status, student status or worker status. Temporary residents will be given immigration documents stating the validity period of their status in Canada.

If you have not applied to extend your stay before the expiry date of your immigration documents, or you received negative results for your extension applications, you will become foreign nationals without status in Canada. Staying beyond the date when status ends is an offense under Canadian immigration law. If a person is out of status in Canada, they are expected to leave the country.

If you want to remain in Canada, you will be given a chance to apply for a restoration of your legal status, and you must do so within 90 days after the expiry date of your immigration documents.

For advice and consultation or If you would like more information about restoring your implied status, Contact Service Links Canada Offices in Bangkok, Thailand (+66 2 003 1450) or Vancouver, Canada (+1 604.944.7912) or check your eligibility online today. We can advise you on the best application for your situation and help you get started.


Send email to immigration@servicelinks.ca with copy of your recent IRCC refusal letter.