DISCLAIMER: This web site is not an affiliate, intermediary or representative of the Government of Canada. We do not sell/charge or provide any immigration or government forms which are available free on IRCC website. We are paid legal representatives for all immigration matters. The legal advice (depends upon case by case), which we provide, is not available by IRCC office or its website. Our Legal advice can make your immigration case stronger with our experience and knowledge in IRPA and IRPR Regulations.

Legal Change of Name

Our office also provides assistance with the Legal Change of Name in Canada. There are situations when, upon immigration, clients want to change their or their children’s names for the following reasons:

  • To anglicize the name in order to make it easier to spell or pronounce or to have the name more ethnically neutral sounding.
  • To align child’s name.
  • To have surnames combined or hyphenated for religious, professional or personal reasons.
  • Legally changing your last name upon marriage.
  • Resuming your former surname upon divorce or death of spouse.

Anyone who wants to have an entirely new first/last name or to have a hyphenated surname has to undergo the legal change of name process, done by the provincial Vital Statistics Agency.

Contact us and we will prepare a complete Change of Name Application package for you or your family members.

Email to us at info@servicelinks.ca or Call at Canada office +1 604-944-7912 or Thailand Office: +66 2-003-1450 / +66 801543000.